Pressure Activation Solutions
Safety is of primary concern in Oil & Gas Industries as many of the of the liquids and gasses extracted and refined are volatile, hazardous and stored under pressure. Overpressure protection of well casings, drilling tools and equipment is essential to provide safe operating conditions for plant personnel as well as preventive maintenance for drilling rigs and equipment. Over-pressurization of oil and gas containment vessels, as well as fluid transfer piping is a potential condition that can result in catastrophic results to the process, the environment, and plant personnel.
Elva and Zook recognizes that upstream applications have a significant degree of complexity. Our engineering experts have solved many customer applications by designing the right solution. In drilling applications, Elva offers rupture disk devices for both pressure activation and pressure relief including:
- Overpressure protection within the casing, drill string or downhole tool
- Pressure activation of equipment or tools
- Hydraulic fracking
- Over-pressure protection of liquid/gas seperators
- Perforation guns
- Testing of the tubing string
- Pressure vessels ie. towers, knock-out, drums, heat exchangers, separators, accumulators, flare stacks, sulfur recovery units, etc.
- Downhole applications with customized backpressure support
- Wellhead protection
- Cementing Pumps
When intermodal tanks are used Zook’s ICP series rupture disks are the ideal solution. For this application, Zook’s TD rupture disk is recommended to protect the tank trailer. Other transportation methods might include barge or rail.
Rupture disks are another common component found in midstream operations.
Compressor / Pump Stations
Rupture disks are required near the pump to prevent an over-pressure in the event of a blockage in the line. They can also be utilized to drastically reduce fugitive emissions from the compressor/pump.
The final stage in the production process is downstream, where the oil and natural gas are processed and refined into usable products. Elva offers a complete solution for all downstream production processes. In refineries and petrochemical plants, a variety of pressure relief devices are required including:
- Knock out drums
- Heat exchangers
- Flare stacks
- Sulphur recovery units
- Pressure relief valves
- Storage tanks/batteries
Pressure Relief Valve Isolation
The primary reasons for applying rupture disks downstream of pressure relief valves are:
- Prevent corrosion of relief valve
- Reduce cost of relief valve by negating costly special alloy trim/internals
- Prevent fouling or sticking of the relief valve
- Prevent variable superimposed backpressure from affecting relief valve
- Detect opening or leakage of relief valve
- Elimination SRV emissions -valve isolation
Arama tarama firmaları, ham petrol ve doğal gazın aranması, çıkarılması ve yeryüzünden rafineriye taşınması için uluslararası petrol ve gaz endüstrisinin ihtiyaç duyduğu altyapı, ekipman ve hizmetleri sağlar.
Bu alanlarda patlama disklerinin gerekli olduğu yerlere birkaç örnek:
- Arama ve taramanın başlangıç aşamasında sismik görüntüleme
- Derin su ve petrol arama
- Petrol sahasındaki operasyonlar
- İnşaat kuleleri
Rupture disks are required in many areas:
- Deep water oil exploration
- Building rigs
- Supplying the hardware for rig upgrades and maintenance
- Operations in the oilfield
- Saltwater disposal
Please contact us for more information.
You can call by phone or write on the contact form.
Our experts will respond to you in detail as soon as possible.